Catering to a girl’s night in. We've all been there!
Posted on 29 June 2017
It's Wednesday. It has already been an extremely long week and as you look ahead to the coming days you start to realise that you offered to have girl’s night in at yours this coming Saturday! You start to panic, you’ve done no shopping and have no plan on how to cater to them all!
We've got some simple solutions to feeding the masses on a budget and a quick solution.
Don’t be afraid to ask the girls to all pitch in for food! They’re eating it too and I’m sure that they wouldn’t mind sparing $5 to go towards dinner for the night.
Cheese Platter! These babies can you fill up like there’s no tomorrow and its easy and delicious! Usually your local supermarket will have most of what you need and most likely on special. They’ve always got promotions on 2 for the price of 1 etc… so you can be smart on what you buy.
Now, where to start.
- Depending on how many you plan to feed, I usually select the following things for my boards.
- 2 – 3 cheeses. Usually from the following: Havarti, Camembert, Brie or a sweet philly.
- 2 types of crackers, usually one plain and one flavoured. My personal favourite are Jatz and anything cheese flavoured!
- Dips: My personal favourite is hummus, spicy capsicum and Pumpkin/parmesan and cashews…yummy!
- A bit of meat is always a treat: Some salami/shaved ham or cabanossi
- Sliced up cherry tomatoes (optional)
- Some fruit will always be a winner, either grapes or berries.
- And finally a little bit of dark chocolate pairs well with the fruit!
Cob loaf! Yes, it’s a little bit naughty but it’s a proven crowd winner and so, so delicious. Plus it is super cheap to make.
We've linked a couple of recipes that work a treat!
Everyone brings a plate! Share the burden. Put a feeler out for what everyone’s craving, nominate your dish whether it be a main or finger food and ask everyone to bring something that will go along with it! Super easy, cheap and gets everyone involved!